NICHOLAS KEY

Quote of the day:

Friday, September 14, 2007

IP Geolocation (Part 1)

This is an initial ground work for Project 1 of the Network Programming course I am doing this semester. It looks quite simple but it's very interesting to look at the query result (the query part is done for you, the visitors to my web page). Check it out!

Here you go. Click on the URL to soothe your burning desire. Warning ... head scratching might take place because of the unfamiliar content. Really geeky content ahead.

"but I don't understand what is this!"

Just click here

More features to come real soon!

Components of this application I'm thinking of: Web service, XML, XSLT, Python, CGI, AJAX. See, I don't need a huge database because the data is provided through web service by MaxMind LLC. XML will be sufficient :)

Oh, I must really thank MaxMind LLC for such great geolocation database! Such great company must not be forgotten of their contribution. This is their URL http://www.maxmind.com/

IMPORTANT: My application does not steal your ISP account username and password. Your privacy is much respected. The purpose of this project is to understand the details retrieved from different IPs from the visitors - the geographical details and the name of the ISP. Thank you.


Description of the project is continued here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home