NICHOLAS KEY

Quote of the day:

Monday, September 17, 2007

IP Geolocation (Part 3)

This entry is to describe about the rapid increase of the size of the repository. I was so amazed looking at the rate the file size increases. 20B into 28KB in about 2 days? That's a lot of data in XML.

What I can observe from my XML file is that, most of the geographical data, for now, is contributed by the visitors from Malaysia. Thanks to those that received my message to pass along the URL (http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~ntkey/comp_network/test.cgi). I just can't thank you guys enough!

Here is the latest statistics (most to least):
[1] Kuala Lumpur
[2] San Francisco
[3] Singapore
[4] Seoul
[5] Jakarta
[6] Saint Petersburg (my house mate helped me by asking his dad to go to my website. Thank you!)

Let's keep the geographical data coming!

To those that are clueless to what I'm trying to do, please be patient. You will get to see the finished product by mid-October.

Till the next update, this is Nicholas Key reporting from his blog. See you and have a nice day ahead.

Description of the project is continued here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home